Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Cowboy Way


As I often say and include in my biography, to me, painting represents freedom - it’s just natural that the wide open spaces, rich history and independent people of the American West translate so well to canvas. I have painted many subjects including musicians, landscapes, still lifes, nudes, portraits and pets to name a few. But nothing grabs my imagination like the people of the American west. I've grown up with them my whole life. Cowboys, Indians and mountain men all are fantastic painting subjects and represent what is best about America - freedom, self-reliance, work ethic, optimism, and love of life and nature. Horses and cows are just plain fun to paint. The grandeur of the western landscape and the majesty of its wildlife are second to none in the world. God made a great playground for painters like me. We may have limited time on earth, but the inspiration for creating works of art are infinite. I'm happy to be a part of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment