Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'll start here

Three years ago I made more money and earned
the biggest bonus of my twenty plus years in the
corporate world. It was also the year I decided
to leave.

The security and steady income were no longer
driving forces in my life. I wanted freedom - real freedom. I wanted to paint. It was something that had been in the back of my mind for years that I always knew I'd someday do, and it really hit me that year that the time was right. I was in my mid-forties and increasingly aware of the finite years that would sum up my life. I could walk away, of my own volition, from a successful career while I was at the top of my game and pursue my real passion in life. A little scary, but it felt great!

My blog is to record the journey I'm on, one where I now know I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment